Thread: awwww, the poor little college grad

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    Asshat wins all arguments.
    I see your point
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    The EEOC and Affirmative Action are both real programs. Their very intention is to discriminate against white men.
    Actually, their intention is to stop white men from discriminating against women and minorities.

It's no wonder white men dislike the EEOC and Affirmative Action. it forces them to hire someone other than their "good ol boy" friends.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,135 Times in 9,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Actually, their intention is to stop white men from discriminating against women and minorities.
    And they accomplish that by GUARANTEEING discrimination against white men, in a blatantly unconstitutional manner.

It's no wonder white men dislike the EEOC and Affirmative Action. it forces them to hire someone other than their "good ol boy" friends.

All white people are not friends. White privelige is a myth.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But specifically, what part is in err? in your opinion?
    See, the REAL problem is that for a century or more, white males didn't have to worry about competing for jobs with minorities and women. They knew they were a shoo-in thanks to the "good ol boy" network.

Now though, laws have been passed that make simply bypassing minorities and women during the interview process, illegal.

And THAT is what has got so many white men upset...they saw the ease with which their grandparents just cut right to the front of the jobs line, sidestepping any minorities or women on their way to the front, and it angers them that they won't get the same chance to cut in line.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All white people are not friends. White privelige is a myth.

So is discrimination against white men...

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See, the REAL problem is that for a century or more, white males didn't have to worry about competing for jobs with minorities and women. They knew they were a shoo-in thanks to the "good ol boy" network.

Race and gender discrimination is not a solution to race and gender dicrimination.

Now though, laws have been passed that make simply bypassing minorities and women during the interview process, illegal.

And THAT is what has got so many white men upset...they saw the ease with which their grandparents just cut right to the front of the jobs line, sidestepping any minorities or women on their way to the front, and it angers them that they won't get the same chance to cut in line.
    It's not the interview line, it's getting HIRED.

Revenge is no basis for public policy.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Race and gender discrimination is not a solution to race and gender dicrimination.

It's not the interview line, it's getting HIRED.

Revenge is no basis for public policy.
    AA is based on the notion of making sure that companies aren't NOT hiring/promoting members of protected classes simply on the basis of their race. There is a HUGE difference between being singled out and rejected SOLELY because of your race and having a program that encourages companies to be aware of their own demographics and to make sure that they are making a 'good faith effort' to not exclude anyone based solely upon one category. Basically, without AA, white men would likely have continued to hire other white men (that's the premise behind the original legislation/action), thus AA was born.

I think people would greatly benefit from reading up on AA before jumping to conclusions based on talking points and media misrepresentations. It's easy to not feel the need to research AA, though...unless you work in the field, it doesn't effect most of us on a regular basis and we tend to think we know how it works because of anecdotal stories and media blurbs. Not trying to knock anyone here at all, I'm just saying it certainly helps when you have a working knowledge of what Affirmative Action is about. Beside that, AA is about monitoring promotions, pay, firing practices, and even the ways in which the company advertises its open positions. There are just so many misconceptions about AA out there thanks to the media's sensationalism about it (making it into a black/white issue, for starters).
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And they accomplish that by GUARANTEEING discrimination against white men, in a blatantly unconstitutional manner.

I don't know how familiar you are with the workings of Affirmative Action, but based upon your above assertions, I can only assume not at all. Race is NEVER the primary characteristic used to determine one's qualification. The ONLY time that a person's 'protected class' status might override other qualifications is in the construction field as a result of actual quotas (not perceived quotas) for WOMEN.

Affirmative Action is not just about race. I honestly don't understand why we're still of the mindset that it's a black/white issue when that's just not the case. I'd urge everyone to read the following AA fact sheets/informational links:

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/ofccp/eo11246.htm

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...cp/fs11246.htm

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...2000028693.pdf

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...e/ofccp/aa.htm

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    I don't know how familiar you are with the workings of Affirmative Action, but based upon your above assertions, I can only assume not at all. Race is NEVER the primary characteristic used to determine one's qualification. The ONLY time that a person's 'protected class' status might override other qualifications is in the construction field as a result of actual quotas (not perceived quotas) for WOMEN.

Affirmative Action is not just about race. I honestly don't understand why we're still of the mindset that it's a black/white issue when that's just not the case. I'd urge everyone to read the following AA fact sheets/informational links:

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/ofccp/eo11246.htm

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...cp/fs11246.htm

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...2000028693.pdf

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/re...e/ofccp/aa.htm
    It's race AND gender. Together. I printed your information sheets and wiped my ass on them.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's race AND gender. Together. I printed your information sheets and wiped my ass on them.

Then you shouldnt have a hard time removing that stick

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Then you shouldnt have a hard time removing that stick
    Because im against race/gender discrmination I have a stick up my ass?

Ok. whatever.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because im against race/gender discrmination I have a stick up my ass?

Ok. whatever.

No it is because you wont actually research the affirmative action program before you formulate an intelligent opinion/observation about it. It is more than evident from your post(s) that you lack knowledge concerning it.
    Last edited by Southern Chicken; 07-13-2010 at 01:43 PM.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them."
    --Mary Frances Berry, Chairman, US Commission on Civil Rights.

A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That Mary Frances Berry person was an unconstitutional racist bitch.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

wrong. Actually it's unconstitutionally codified into law.