Thread: Crist says Eff off to the Republican Party.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Default Crist says Eff off to the Republican Party.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/...ex.html?hpt=T2

I thought he wasn't going to do this Damo?

St. Petersburg, Florida (CNN) -- Declaring that his only loyalty is to the people of his state, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist announced Thursday that he will run for the United States Senate as an independent rather than a Republican.

The move sets the stage for an unprecedented three-way race in which Crist will test whether he can win federal office without the formal backing of a political party.

"I could have chosen to stay in the [Republican] primary, but frankly for me, this is your decision," he told a crowd of about 300 supporters and campaign volunteers gathered in a picturesque St. Petersburg park overlooking Tampa Bay. "It's not one club's decision or another."

When it finally came, Crist's declaration of independence was somewhat of an anti-climax. With poll after poll suggesting he stood no chance of winning the GOP nomination over his ascendant rival, former House Speaker Marco Rubio, Crist began hinting at an independent bid weeks ago. News of his decision leaked a day early.

Crist told reporters after the speech that he made up his mind to run without party affiliation "late last night." Asked if he could raise the kind of money needed to run a competitive campaign in the nation's fourth largest state, Crist responded: "I already have."

More at link.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/...ex.html?hpt=T2

I thought he wasn't going to do this Damo?

St. Petersburg, Florida (CNN) -- Declaring that his only loyalty is to the people of his state, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist announced Thursday that he will run for the United States Senate as an independent rather than a Republican.

The move sets the stage for an unprecedented three-way race in which Crist will test whether he can win federal office without the formal backing of a political party.

"I could have chosen to stay in the [Republican] primary, but frankly for me, this is your decision," he told a crowd of about 300 supporters and campaign volunteers gathered in a picturesque St. Petersburg park overlooking Tampa Bay. "It's not one club's decision or another."

When it finally came, Crist's declaration of independence was somewhat of an anti-climax. With poll after poll suggesting he stood no chance of winning the GOP nomination over his ascendant rival, former House Speaker Marco Rubio, Crist began hinting at an independent bid weeks ago. News of his decision leaked a day early.

Crist told reporters after the speech that he made up his mind to run without party affiliation "late last night." Asked if he could raise the kind of money needed to run a competitive campaign in the nation's fourth largest state, Crist responded: "I already have."

More at link.
    If this is what is needed to bring sanity back to the Republican party then so be it. I wish Christ well.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!