1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Michelle Obama

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...irst_year.html

while I do not agree with her assessment of Obama's first year in office, it is interviews like this one that really highlight her strength. Could it all be part of the political game... sure... I don't know and I doubt many people do, but to me it appears incredibly sincere on her part. I think it is worth the 2:21 to watch this.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

OK, spent the 2:21. You are right about this being her strength and her seeming to be sincere. It is refreshing to see what seemed to be a thoughtful response. I also read a cnn article today where she talks about childhood obesity and found myself agreeing with her on several points there. I don't think the Obama's are bad people, I just cannot find enough common ground to justify supporting them.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree with you and agree with most of what she said.
    Leaning, glad you can see that they are good people.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    OK, spent the 2:21. You are right about this being her strength and her seeming to be sincere. It is refreshing to see what seemed to be a thoughtful response. I also read a cnn article today where she talks about childhood obesity and found myself agreeing with her on several points there. I don't think the Obama's are bad people, I just cannot find enough common ground to justify supporting them.
    agreed... they have not done enough to warrant my support... but she could have easily gone into a knee jerk 'right wing conspiracy rant' or 'they are meanies' blah blah blah.... that so many politicians and spouses of politicians seem to rely on. But instead she gave, as you mentioned, a thoughtful response.

I will take a look for the CNN article.... because obesity is one of our greatest obstacles to overcome in my opinion.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I will take a look for the CNN article.... because obesity is one of our greatest obstacles to overcome in my opinion.
    I think so too, a lot more lately. I have been working more on my physical aspect that I have at any point in my life, even when I played baseball and basketball all the time. Point is, I looked at myself in the mirror one day and I had gotten fat...and didn't even realize it. My BMI is now 29.54...still obese but down from 32.35. Since I started working on myself I have paid more attention to articles like the one I mentioned.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I agree with you and agree with most of what she said.
    Leaning, glad you can see that they are good people.
    I have always thought that about them Jarod. Not bad people but just not close enough to me politically to warrant my support.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have always thought that about them Jarod. Not bad people but just not close enough to me politically to warrant my support.
    That makes me feel better about (at least some) of the opposition. I do not think many critics woudl agree with you.

I can say the same about Bush Sr., Dole, Kemp, Reagan, Ford, and most Republican senators and congressmen.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

This stupid bitch needs to shut the fuck up and get back to the taking care of the kids. She's not the fucking President and has no business poking her meddling big nose into politics. Her dumbass husband is enough for the country to deal with already without her complicating matters.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,085 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    This stupid bitch needs to shut the fuck up and get back to the taking care of the kids. She's not the fucking President and has no business poking her meddling big nose into politics. Her dumbass husband is enough for the country to deal with already without her complicating matters.
    Where you equally vehement about Nancy Reagan?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

dude, she is the first lady. also, she has first amendment rights, she can say whatever she wants.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

First lady's have always been involved in things like obesity or reading for kids. That's non-partisan stuff bro. I mean if the first lady is trying to be like Hillary Clinton and write new health care law that's one thing but ripping on her for trying to help kids? Not really necessary in my opinion.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

i caught the speech and totally agree that children and a lot of adults can use less fattening foods - my self included

ps i am on a diet for my life
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think so too, a lot more lately. I have been working more on my physical aspect that I have at any point in my life, even when I played baseball and basketball all the time. Point is, I looked at myself in the mirror one day and I had gotten fat...and didn't even realize it. My BMI is now 29.54...still obese but down from 32.35. Since I started working on myself I have paid more attention to articles like the one I mentioned.
    It is definitely good that you are taking that focus. I was also heavy about four years ago. Just decided to cut out soda and most sweets from the diet. Then started exercising more. Then started eating properly and learned more about what keeps the metabolic rate going. (ie... eat within 60 minutes of getting up, carbs in morning, more protein heavy in afternoon/evening, eat something like protein bar or carb bar between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner)

As for BMI... just remember... it does not account for muscle mass. According to the BMI... I am 'overweight'. Yet my body fat is under 10%. Bottom line.... I hate the BMI. I think it encourages people to shoot for stick figure status. They need to adjust that thing or get rid of it. Measure body fat... it is a far better indicator.
    Quote from Cypress:

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

i had 3 big macs, 4 whoppers, 5 large cokes and 6 large fries for dinner

i feel fine, i have no idea what she is talking about

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

MO on BO

"I think my husband had a phenomenal first year"

Another black crack head that has no idea of the real world.