Thread: Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class about racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/...lar_disorderly

people are going to find out that many jumped to incorrect conclusions about what happened based solely on race emotions rather than facts....obama really made an ass out of himself today
    I can't support Obama here. This is a pending case that he could influence and it's inappropriate for him to comment at all, for any reason. Charles Manson almost walked because Nixon did the same dumb thing.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Obama's assertion was supported by the Cambridge Police Department who called the incident "regrettable and unfortuante."

One didn't need all the facts to know that arresting this guy was stupid.

AND there is no doubt this cops superiors had a talk with him and told him how to better handle such situations.

How does this embarrass Obama .. except with the crowd that doesn't like him anyway?
    Because he's the chief legal officer of the government and a licensed attorney. He has an ethical obligation to not weigh in on a pending legal action in a manner that could influence a case one way or the other. Even if Obama's comments were correct about the officer, it was inappropriate for him to make such a statement until such a time as due process of law has been served, which at this time, it has not.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I agree with that... Still Obama should not have commented.
    I stand corrected. If Obama made his comments after the charges had been dropped and there is no legal action pending he has as much as a right to an opinion as anyone else.

If legal action was pending, it was stupid thing for him to do and he should know better.

4. #34 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Yes. That's it. He wanted to get arrested in front of his house on his way home from the airport. My God! Our resident Sherlock Holmes has cracked the case.

why didn't we think of this.
    He will make a million on the book, a very novel concept, "I Was Wrongly Arrested as a Black Man"

It WILL sell millions, nothing like this has happened in our history!

5. #35 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ib1yysguy View Post
    The fact that the charges were dropped is a pretty good indication that it was a frivolous excuse to bring the professor in.

If charges were dropped, why the discussion of Obama's comment, did it happen before charges were dropped? I confess, I didn't read the articles, just people's thoughts on it.

6. #36 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

did you read the report where it mentioned the public annoyance etc...

i'm tired of speculating as i wasn't there, further, they dropped the charges due to the political nature of this idiocy....if the prof would have not started this shit, none of us would even hear about it....assuming the report is true, it was the prof that started it....

now he can go write his book, incite racial shit all over this country and make millions and still claim to be a victim.....what a country!
    Public annoyance? Did it mention how so? Nosey neighbors, he was yelling too loudly for the arresting cop?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Yes. That's it. He wanted to get arrested in front of his house on his way home from the airport. My God! Our resident Sherlock Holmes has cracked the case.

why didn't we think of this.
    wrong again....he saw the opportunity as it came, when the cops got there he immediately started SCREAMING racism....he knew exactly what he was doing and it worked...he is back in the spotlight....and oh my, the very next day he is working the circuit telling everyone about his new book....

you guys are just politically biased you can't see the truth of the matter

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

wrong again....he saw the opportunity as it came, when the cops got there he immediately started SCREAMING racism....he knew exactly what he was doing and it worked...he is back in the spotlight....and oh my, the very next day he is working the circuit telling everyone about his new book....

and somehow, your cockamamie OPINION morphs into the TRUTH???? :lmao:

9. #39 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Thank you Ms. Cleo for reading his mind!

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

did you read the report where it mentioned the public annoyance etc...

i'm tired of speculating as i wasn't there, further, they dropped the charges due to the political nature of this idiocy....if the prof would have not started this shit, none of us would even hear about it....assuming the report is true, it was the prof that started it....

now he can go write his book, incite racial shit all over this country and make millions and still claim to be a victim.....what a country!

The actions (not speech) must be intended to cause public annoyance. Saying things to police officers inside your home or on your porch is not consistent with an intent to cause public alarm or annoyance.

And "assuming the report is true" is fucking hilarious.

Shorter Yurt: According to the cop, he did nothing wrong.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    The actions (not speech) must be intended to cause public annoyance. Saying things to police officers inside your home or on your porch is not consistent with an intent to cause public alarm or annoyance.

And "assuming the report is true" is fucking hilarious.

Shorter Yurt: According to the cop, he did nothing wrong.
    he was yelling and causing a scene following the cop around during an investigation into a possible burglary....i would say that includes conduct

that is why i do not assume the report is true becuase the report says the cop is innocent....sheesh, relax a bit

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    Thank you Ms. Cleo for reading his mind!
    i'm now accepting donations

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he was yelling and causing a scene following the cop around during an investigation into a possible burglary....i would say that includes conduct

that is why i do not assume the report is true becuase the report says the cop is innocent....sheesh, relax a bit

In other words, he walked around his house and told the cop what was on his mind. Not. Even. Close.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    In other words, he walked around his house and told the cop what was on his mind. Not. Even. Close.
    dude........................................

how

many

times

do

i have to tell you that he followed the cop outside?

you keep repeating things simply are not true....did you read the report? you guys are obsessed over this

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dude........................................

how

many

times

do

i have to tell you that he followed the cop outside?

you keep repeating things simply are not true....did you read the report? you guys are obsessed over this

At most, he walked onto his fucking porch. Give me a goddamned break with your nonsense. You haven't been correct about much yet get all uptight about something that is, at best, unclear from the police report. And you ignore that Gates was instructed to speak to the officer outside by the officer.

I'm not obsessed over anything. I think it's hilarious that you knuckleheads want to claim Obama said something wrong when all he said was the obvious: the cop acted stupidly.