Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shocking video of NY Democrats sitting through the Pledge of Allegiance

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Shocking video of NY Democrats sitting through the Pledge of Allegiance

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_DB36ivy0"]YouTube - Shocking video of NY Democrat sitting through the Pledge of Allegiance[/ame]

from..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_DB...layer_embedded

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you sure you actually meant "shocking"?

I mean, it was no 'Nightmare On Elm Street' was it?

This wasn't even anywhere near as bad as Southern Man's travails over his rep points.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

LMAO - ah, the things that make wingnuts happy.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

God bless this patriot. Hopefully we'll have more heroes like this in the future.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can't believe how childish these people are. They lose control of the Congress so they petulantly try to come in early and stand about on podiums and refuse to participate in the pledge?

Geez. I can't think they are gaining points among their constituency by acting like retards.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I can't believe how childish these people are. They lose control of the Congress so they petulantly try to come in early and stand about on podiums and refuse to participate in the pledge?

Geez. I can't think they are gaining points among their constituency by acting like retards.
    Did you have to have a sit down and a glass of water to settle your frayed nerves as well, Damo?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    Did you have to have a sit down and a glass of water to settle your frayed nerves as well, Damo?
    Yes, it was all terrible. I mean all those people sitting there, while they said those words!

I don't really care that they sat through it, I would just be pissed of my representative wouldn't sit through a legislative session because they lost control of the gavel. Grow the heck up.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, it was all terrible. I mean all those people sitting there, while they said those words!

I don't really care that they sat through it, I would just be pissed of my representative wouldn't sit through a legislative session because they lost control of the gavel. Grow the heck up.
    I felt very sorry for the poor chap who tried to stand up but was "pulled down" by the burly geriatric lady sitting next to him.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

This is "shocking"?

I have a kind of fringe theory that conservatives actually live on a different planet from the rest of us. I'm still fleshing it out...

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    I felt very sorry for the poor chap who tried to stand up but was "pulled down" by the burly geriatric lady sitting next to him.
    No kidding. Did you see how violent it was? He was all looking funny, then frightened he put his hand over his heart anyway...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Maybe it's his silent protest of a custom that only totalitarian governments make a requirement.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and the lefties always scream..."how dare you question my patriotism".

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Maybe it's his silent protest of a custom that only totalitarian governments make a requirement.
    Nah, it's a childish fit to show that they are upset over losing control of the gavel. It's been a running story for awhile. The Ds show up early and try to lock out the Rs entirely (actually locking the doors), they reject the President's taking the gavel (actually bodily attempting to stand at the podium), they petulantly will not participate in the government they were elected to participate in, all because they lost control of a gavel.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nah, it's a childish fit to show that they are upset over losing control of the gavel. It's been a running story for awhile. The Ds show up early and try to lock out the Rs entirely (actually locking the doors), they reject the President's taking the gavel (actually bodily attempting to stand at the podium), they petulantly will not participate in the government they were elected to participate in, all because they lost control of a gavel.
    A solution?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Heck I really do not care. It is NY state stuff and I do not live there.
    States that have the entire state pretty much being run by one large metro area usually suck anyway.