Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual British Gov Commercial on How to Eat Leftovers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Actual British Gov Commercial on How to Eat Leftovers

Ok I thought this was a joke, but it actually has a message from the Brit government on how to properly eat reheated food (they need tax money for that, bunch of wussies).
    Diarrhoea video.
    [ame="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80457938/"]Diarrhoea! Video@@AMEPARAM@@file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2008/12/80457938/diarroea.flv&mediaid=80457938&title=Diarrh oea!&tags=gross,wtf,christmas&description= The Christmas gift that keeps on giving...&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d 0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccc cc&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2008/12/80457938/diarroea.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2008/12/80457938/diarroea@@AMEPARAM@@80457938@@AMEPARAM@@Diarrhoea! @@AMEPARAM@@gross,wtf,christmas@@AMEPARAM@@The Christmas gift that keeps on giving...@@AMEPARAM@@2008/12/80457938/diarroea.jpg[/ame]

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

What the heck is the extemporaneous "o" in there for, just for kicks and to make it even more difficult to spell?

I'm used to extra "a"s, and their love affair with the letter "u", but "o"?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That video was just plain disgusting.

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

4. #4 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

I am not a huge fan of english food the first time. Kidney pie reheated cannot be an improvement.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    I am not a huge fan of english food the first time. Kidney pie reheated cannot be an improvement.
    good point.

I just put 1/2 of my pot of chili in the freezer. It will be virtually as good later.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    Yorkshire pudding is the shit! Other than that and English breakfast food there isn't a lot that is any good.

I don't think you could pay me to eat haggis.

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingCondanomation View Post
    Ok I thought this was a joke, but it actually has a message from the Brit government on how to properly eat reheated food (they need tax money for that, bunch of wussies).
    Diarrhoea video.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80457938/
    The only problem IMHO is that they didn't spend more money.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    The only problem IMHO is that they didn't spend more money.
    Well no problem, go send them a check if you want your money spent so bad on reminding you of common sense shit.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well no problem, go send them a check if you want your money spent so bad on reminding you of common sense shit.
    I was going to raise a tax.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodbor...#United_States

United States

In the United States, there are approximately 76 million foodborne illnesses (26,000 cases for 100,000 inhabitants):[36]

* 325,000 were hospitalized (111 per 100,000 inhabitants);
    * 5,000 people died (1.7 per 100,000 inhabitants.).
    * Major pathogens from food borne illness in the United States cost upwards of US $35 billion dollars in medical costs and lost productivity (1997)

Such common sense! If only conservatards would run everything. Oh wait, they do. It's been a massive failure.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodbor...#United_States

United States

In the United States, there are approximately 76 million foodborne illnesses (26,000 cases for 100,000 inhabitants):[36]

* 325,000 were hospitalized (111 per 100,000 inhabitants);
    * 5,000 people died (1.7 per 100,000 inhabitants.).
    * Major pathogens from food borne illness in the United States cost upwards of US $35 billion dollars in medical costs and lost productivity (1997)

Such common sense! If only conservatards would run everything. Oh wait, they do. It's been a massive failure.
    Yeah people get sick from eating every now and then, happens to us all. But people know how to reheat food, you see they know that when it comes out of the microwave and is hot, it means you can eat it AND gee golly it tastes better then too!

Someday, maybe you will realize that when people depend on the state to tell them how to act, they no longer use their own thoughts which are always the better choice as situations always differ.
    For example, the gov commercial just says to reheat food, does it say what kind of food or how to reheat it (over or microwave). Depends on the food, people will ALWAYS have to use their own brain. I know that saddens you but that's just the way it is, no escape from having to think for youself Waterbaby.

Fuck man, you are the wussiest guy in America, I'm surprised you don't propose a government program to get social workers to come over and hold you by the hand in your daily routine.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Again. How many "o"s are in diarrhea? I can't quite get over that one. What the heck would anybody need to add an "o" to that word for?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've never seen that one before.

Anyway, the government have a long history of commissioning these films to point out things that people shouldn't do, things people should do and things people should be careful doing if they must do them at all.

This was a favourite when i was a kid.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KryOYburlFI"]YouTube - Play Safe - Frisbee[/ame]

Remember kids, don't throw frisbees into pylons or it may make your unfashionable trousers emit an awful lot of smoke. Apparently an everyday occurrence in 1970's Britain.
    Last edited by charver; 12-18-2008 at 02:47 AM.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Again. How many "o"s are in diarrhea? I can't quite get over that one. What the heck would anybody need to add an "o" to that word for?
    How many O's are in labour?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah people get sick from eating every now and then, happens to us all. But people know how to reheat food, you see they know that when it comes out of the microwave and is hot, it means you can eat it AND gee golly it tastes better then too!

Someday, maybe you will realize that when people depend on the state to tell them how to act, they no longer use their own thoughts which are always the better choice as situations always differ.
    For example, the gov commercial just says to reheat food, does it say what kind of food or how to reheat it (over or microwave). Depends on the food, people will ALWAYS have to use their own brain. I know that saddens you but that's just the way it is, no escape from having to think for youself Waterbaby.

Fuck man, you are the wussiest guy in America, I'm surprised you don't propose a government program to get social workers to come over and hold you by the hand in your daily routine.
    Nothing wussier than wanting to save peoples lives.