Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Democrat Senator Levin and Democrat Congressman Dingell TOP recipients of Big 3 $$$

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Democrat Senator Levin and Democrat Congressman Dingell TOP recipients of Big 3 $$$

Drowning in debt but no problem giving tens of millions in political donations to keep them afloat with your money.

Liberal Democrat senator Levin gets the most for the senate and Liberal Democrat congressman Dingell gets over a million with millions of his already at stake in investments of stock and options with GM, his wife being a lobbyist for GM.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4646424.shtml

Small wonder Dems in congress are pushing so hard for billions more to Detroit.

Blech, aren't Democrats supposed to be against corporate welfare? Repubs were bad with spending and now we get to see Dems being worse. Yes it was possible.

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

If these companies don't stay afloat, it's going to be bad news for most Americans. I don't really understand what people don't get about that.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course more contributions than to the cash strapped republicans. Kind of tells me that business has lost faith in the republican party.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    If these companies don't stay afloat, it's going to be bad news for most Americans. I don't really understand what people don't get about that.
    These companies have already lost a lot, while Japanese and German companies have increased market share, and they have jobs right in America too, even in manufacturing:
    http://www.ohio.honda.com/

"In 13 locations across North America, more than 36,000 team members are producing* over 1.3 million vehicles, more than 1.5 million engines, and nearly 400,000 automatic transmissions per year. In fact, 11 Toyota and Lexus models are built in North America with parts purchased from hundreds of North American supplier locations. "
    http://www.toyota.com/about/our_busi...ing/index.html

It is bullshit to pretend that jobs from rivals are not created here too. The only difference being they get their money from people buying what they want in a free market and not forcefully from the government tit.

Also I would add there is fearmongering going on, in all likelihood, one of the 3 would fail and the others would become healthier once the gobble the failure's market share and hopefully get back on their feet. There is shrinking market demand for their products.

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Of course more contributions than to the cash strapped republicans. Kind of tells me that business has lost faith in the republican party.
    No it means that they realize more chance of corporate welfare from Dems who have a philosophy of taxing what moves and subsidizing what doesn't.

The last time DC cut corporate welfare was in the 90's....by house Republicans under Gingrich, imagine that.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

So the biggest recipients of money from employees at the Big Three are the senior members of Congress from Michigan. Who ever would have guessed that?

Scandal of all scandals!
    Last edited by Bonestorm; 12-04-2008 at 04:22 PM.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

seriously, what are the dems going to care whether the auto 3 go under or not. If they succeed and become profitable again, the dems will try to claim credit. If they fail, the dems will still blame the reps and most everybody will be too stupid and angry to actually learn the truth.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    seriously, what are the dems going to care whether the auto 3 go under or not. If they succeed and become profitable again, the dems will try to claim credit. If they fail, the dems will still blame the reps and most everybody will be too stupid and angry to actually learn the truth.
    Blame will fall on pretty deaf ears once the market hits 5,000 and we're at 12% unemployment, as well...

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingCondanomation View Post
    Drowning in debt but no problem giving tens of millions in political donations to keep them afloat with your money.

Liberal Democrat senator Levin gets the most for the senate and Liberal Democrat congressman Dingell gets over a million with millions of his already at stake in investments of stock and options with GM, his wife being a lobbyist for GM.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4646424.shtml

Small wonder Dems in congress are pushing so hard for billions more to Detroit.

Blech, aren't Democrats supposed to be against corporate welfare? Repubs were bad with spending and now we get to see Dems being worse. Yes it was possible.
    Imagine, the congressman from Detroit, supporting the Detroit automakers and getting contributions from him. It's a crime against humanity.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    So the biggest recipients of money from employees at the Big Three are the senior members of Congress from Michigan. Who ever would have guessed that?

Scandal of all scandals!
    I never said other Michigan lawmakers didn't, I said those were the top. There are senior Repubs from Michigan too in the house, yet Democrat Dingell is the highest.
    The plain fact is they know Dems are better at delivering corporate welfare and their dollars show it.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I never said other Michigan lawmakers didn't, I said those were the top. There are senior Repubs from Michigan too in the house, yet Democrat Dingell is the highest.
    The plain fact is they know Dems are better at delivering corporate welfare and their dollars show it.
    Or maybe it's just that Detroit is represented mostly by Dems?

Hmmm...

Liberals are the reason my grass isn't as green as I'd like it to be.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Or maybe it's just that Detroit is represented mostly by Dems?
    Hmmm...
    Including the suburbs where most of the auto workers are?
    What diff does that make anyway, it's the lefties who contend that Repubs are all about corp welfare and corp donations and here we see both being more to do with Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Liberals are the reason my grass isn't as green as I'd like it to be.
    Why, did they pass another law forcing water conservation?

Seriously, I didn't blame Liberals here, I showed the link between their donations received and their support for the bailout.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anyone who does NOT support the bailout today needs a crash course in economics. They shouldn't even be serving in Congress if they vote against it.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Including the suburbs where most of the auto workers are?
    What diff does that make anyway, it's the lefties who contend that Repubs are all about corp welfare and corp donations and here we see both being more to do with Dems.

Why, did they pass another law forcing water conservation?

Seriously, I didn't blame Liberals here, I showed the link between their donations received and their support for the bailout.

You have serious problems with understanding issues of causation.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    You have serious problems with understanding issues of causation.
    True or false. Leftists have a general philosophy of taxing that which is healthy and subsidizing that which is not.

The big 3 know where their best chance of return is going to come from. Yes it's tilted more to Michigan politicians but to DEMOCRAT Michigan politicians.

Schumer and Tester seemed to come out against it, so it's not all Dems that are like this but it would seem to be generally so.

Your children's future
    Total debt: