Thread: universal health care is a must

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default universal health care is a must

especially for children, the future of our nation

preventive and urgent care clinics though out the nation - this would also reduce the demand on emergency care and hospitals in general

clinics open evenings so working people could use them and/or bring their families after work

also, follow through and education regarding the proper use of antibiotics

give vaccines as single shots a week apart to help reduce the side effect of autism
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Where does the money come from to pay for this? And please don't tell me we will 'save' enough by not having as many sick people. What you are asking for will cost a couple trillion dollars, in REAL money, where does it come from?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Where does the money come from to pay for this? And please don't tell me we will 'save' enough by not having as many sick people. What you are asking for will cost a couple trillion dollars, in REAL money, where does it come from?
    It will cost 80 billion dollars, and we'll pay for it by raising taxes on the top 1%.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    It will cost 80 billion dollars, and we'll pay for it by raising taxes on the top 1%.
    You are foolish if you think universal health care, clinics nationwide, open 24/7, education programs and vaccines for everyone, is going to only cost $80 billion. I doubt you could have a decent vaccination program for that price! Clinics, doctors, and staff, cost a LOT more money than we have to pay, I don't care if you confiscate ALL the wealth of the top 1%.

I think it's dangerous they let people like YOU have a vote!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are foolish if you think universal health care, clinics nationwide, open 24/7, education programs and vaccines for everyone, is going to only cost $80 billion. I doubt you could have a decent vaccination program for that price! Clinics, doctors, and staff, cost a LOT more money than we have to pay, I don't care if you confiscate ALL the wealth of the top 1%.

I think it's dangerous they let people like YOU have a vote!
    Universal, not nationalized, healthcare.

http://change.gov/agenda/health_care_agenda/

The Obama-Biden Plan

On health care reform, the American people are too often offered two extremes -- government-run health care with higher taxes or letting the insurance companies operate without rules. Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe both of these extremes are wrong, and that’s why they’ve proposed a plan that strengthens employer coverage, makes insurance companies accountable and ensures patient choice of doctor and care without government interference.

The Obama-Biden plan provides affordable, accessible health care for all Americans, builds on the existing health care system, and uses existing providers, doctors, and plans. Under the Obama-Biden plan, patients will be able to make health care decisions with their doctors, instead of being blocked by insurance company bureaucrats.

Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Uhm... did your retarded ass even READ the opening post to this tread? What Don suggests is a far fucking cry from the song-and-dance pony show presented by Obama & Friends. If Obama's plan ends up being remotely similar to anything he mentioned in the campaign, it will be the first thing that has been as promised. So far, he has pretty much flip-flopped on everything he promised you down the line, and he hasn't even gotten into office yet. But, we will see... One thing is for certain though, when a politician says something will cost $80 billion, you can count on it costing $800 billion at least.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

cost is not the issue, it is morality

where is your christian charity and christ's teachings

societies evolve

the industrial revolution and the ability to move where jobs are has fractured the village society that humanity started in - i.e., tribes

even in christ's time there was population mobility and the advent of cities helped destroy family unity

would you have us leave cities and return to an agrarian society - the humorous thing is that we may devolve from city living as manufacturing becomes even more automated and the great majority of people would be able to do their work from home
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is a childs life worth ?

According to chapdog one Americans life is worth a whole village of AQ.
    How much would it cost in dollars to destroy that village ? Probably more than to give healthcare to that one child till it is an adult.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    What is a childs life worth ?
    You can't possibly quantify such a thing.

It depends if it speaks English for a start.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    You can't possibly quantify such a thing.

It depends if it speaks English for a start.
    sigh, yes it does. Even Americanized english. Skin tone, etc are also important.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's funny Dixie should be asking about the cost. It's Dixie itself that cost us Universal health care right around when the rest of the industrialized world got it. Here's the thing about universal health care; any country that has it, the UK, France, Canada, wherever, no politician can take it away. It cannot be done. That tells you something. People, no matter where they live, once they have it, cannot imagine not having it. That same exact political reality would exist today, in the US, were it not for Dixie.

Because when Truman tried to give it to us, it was derailed partially by the AMA, but mostly by American racism. The South knew that if they allowed the federal govt to pass health care, their hospitals would be forced by federal law to integrate. And they'd have to treat and cover blacks.

They weren't going to allow the federal govt to integrate them.

The US doesn't have health care because we had slavery. If it were only whites who made up the 18 thousand who die every year because of this? You'd have to say, hey, that's the karmic price.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Uhm... did your retarded ass even READ the opening post to this tread? What Don suggests is a far fucking cry from the song-and-dance pony show presented by Obama & Friends. If Obama's plan ends up being remotely similar to anything he mentioned in the campaign, it will be the first thing that has been as promised. So far, he has pretty much flip-flopped on everything he promised you down the line, and he hasn't even gotten into office yet. But, we will see... One thing is for certain though, when a politician says something will cost $80 billion, you can count on it costing $800 billion at least.
    Not everything is the Iraq war, Dix.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

universal health care will literally destroy the medical field. It will do nothing but force outlined lifestyles on those that can't afford to go out of the legislated/regulated healthcare market while leaving the wealthy and elite access to the best medical care because they will have the finances to do so.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    universal health care will literally destroy the medical field.
    Idiot quote of the day.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Idiot quote of the day.
    first they ridicule you, then they fight you, then I win.