Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Televangelist Bill Keller says child molesters can go to heaven

1. #31 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    I think the suicide rate in heaven is prob-lee sky high.
    Suicide is probably the only sin for which you cannot repent afterwards, and so you would go to hell. But since you have already been granted eternal life in heave, maybe you would just have to work in hell.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    Maybe thats why so many faiths have reincarnation?

Perhaps heaven is as boring as eternal life with free will and no ability to effect anything.
    that would suck. Kinda like intelligent people in the USA right now ?
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry

Anyone who thinks that pedophiles and child murderers can get into heaven, is worshipping a sick-minded god.
    "And damned right I compare pro-abortion to pro-slavery." - Good Luck

"In the first place, as I have carefully explained, I did NOT compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery." - Good Luck after I showed his offensive remarks to everyone

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Well, basically, I just think that the "faith alone" beliefs just make it too easy to sin on purpose and then pretend to come back to God constantly.

Contrary to their beliefs, it's a much worse situation than atheists, because evangelicals are under the impression that no matter how bad they fuck up on purpose things will always be perfect for them in the end.
    That's the problem with Protestantism. They claim that Catholic Sacraments are just works and means to "buy" salvation, but most happen to be demanded of us in the Bible. That means they are a matter of faith, and to deny them is to say that God is lying.

Also, the Crusades present us with what happens when you say, "nothing you do while on Crusade will count against you, and all of your prior sins are forgiven." If the pope would have just omitted the first half of that promise, then he would have gotten a crowd of committed and honorable citizens commited to expelling the Muslims from the Holy Land. Instead, people went nuts killing, raping, looting, etc. and the mission was never accomplished. While it helped deal with a large growth in population which was challenging primogeniture and the European economy, this could have been dealt with either way as a good soldier dies just as permanently as a bad one.

5. #35 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaw! View Post
    Anyone who thinks that pedophiles and child murderers can get into heaven, is worshipping a sick-minded god.
    I didn't say whether I believe pedophiles and child murderers get into heaven.

But we have had a nice discussion about christianity. And christianity pretty much DOES believe that if they earnestly repent and sincerely accept jesus they will go to heaven.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaw! View Post
    No one gets into heaven.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

If I were God, I would simply get rid of whatever flaw in humans makes them predisposed to murder or take advantage. I probably wouldn't have ever put it in there. The Christian God doesn't seem similarly predisposed...
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

i like the jewish high holy time of jom kippur and the evening of col nidre where jews review their pact/contract made with god the previous year and make a new contract for the coming year

it is necessary to forgive your self for those things in your contract that you were not able to complete even though you tried

i think that jews have a more personal relationship between themselves and god...and more personal responsibility - i should state here that i am referring to observant jews

i also think that if more people actually practiced the tenets of their religion the world would be a far better place - well maybe i would exclude those that get in your face about converting...

i got tired of being interrupted saturday mornings by a particular group of missionaries and answered the door naked with a two handed broadsword in my hands - they never came back...

people that proselytise may be stretched out on the rack until they decide that doing such is just not a good idea...
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good thing pedos can go to heaven. Otherwise the Catholics would have no priests with them there.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.