Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Comes OUt With His Hands Up

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Obama Comes OUt With His Hands Up

Obama has already let them stick us up. You will note that the fucking facists have not and will not pull back on further tax cuts for 497 billionaires. Obama has already said he won't go ahead with his spending plans.

Why vote?

I'm not voting. Fuck this. I have been saying for 6 FUCKING YEARS that they were trying to bankrupt the govt so that they could reverse the new deal and the great society programs. And this fucking guy surrenders, just as they step up and do it.

Meanwhile, the fucking facist John McCain still says "MY FRIENDS, BILILONAIRES WILL STILL BE GETTING TAX CUTS. MY FRIENDS THE REGULAR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS BAILOUT. MY FRIENDS, YOU WON'T PAY A DIME. MY FRIENDS, WE IN FACT, WILL GIVE YOU MORE"

And a two bit computer programer making maybe 50k like Dano, and his mirror image in the South, Dicksie, will vote for this.

This is amazing. This is just absolutely amazing. Obama just lost my vote. Fuck this shit.

"Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he probably would have to delay the spending programs he has called for during his campaign in light of the massive government bailout being proposed for the nation's financial industry.

The Bush administration and Congress on Tuesday were discussing the details of a $700 billion financial rescue plan. Obama said the problem should be dealt with as a short-term crisis with bipartisan action and then as a long-term structural issue.

"Although we are potentially providing $700 billion in available money to the Treasury, we don't anticipate that all that money gets spent right away and we don't anticipate that all that money is lost. How we're going to structure that in budget terms still has to be decided," Obama told NBC's "Today" show in an interview aired Tuesday.

"Does that mean I can do everything that I've called for in this campaign right away? Probably not," he said. "I think we're going to have to phase it in."

The Illinois senator has proposed ambitious and expensive initiatives aimed at health care, education, infrastructure, alternative energy and other concerns. He didn't say what proposals might be delayed first, adding that tax revenues would play a role in any budget decisions.

Obama made no reference to the rescue plan's impact on his call for tax cuts for most taxpayers and tax increases for wealthier Americans. On Friday, he said a bailout would not bar him from pushing for middle-class tax cuts, a central proposal in his campaign.

In a speech Monday, Obama urged Democrats to be as fiscally tough as conservative Republicans and said that the bailout was forcing a new perspective on the federal budget.

Obama said in the interview aired Tuesday that his running mate, Joe Biden, should have waited before commenting on the idea of bailing out the huge insurer American International Group Inc. Biden initially rejected bailing out AIG, a position taken by Republican presidential candidate John McCain that drew Obama's criticism.

When AIG's financial meltdown first drew questions of possible government intervention, McCain said taxpayers shouldn't be "on the hook" for AIG or any other corporation. Biden also said that the government shouldn't bail out AIG. For his part, Obama at the time didn't take a position on the idea of a buyout.

"I think that in that situation, I think Joe should have waited as well," Obama told NBC. Both Obama and McCain have since said the government's plan to lend AIG $85 billion was regrettable but necessary.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/20...y_to_delay.php

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Obama has already let them stick us up. You will note that the fucking facists have not and will not pull back on further tax cuts for 497 billionaires. Obama has already said he won't go ahead with his spending plans.

Why vote?

I'm not voting. Fuck this. I have been saying for 6 FUCKING YEARS that they were trying to bankrupt the govt so that they could reverse the new deal and the great society programs. And this fucking guy surrenders, just as they step up and do it.

Meanwhile, the fucking facist John McCain still says "MY FRIENDS, BILILONAIRES WILL STILL BE GETTING TAX CUTS. MY FRIENDS THE REGULAR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS BAILOUT. MY FRIENDS, YOU WON'T PAY A DIME. MY FRIENDS, WE IN FACT, WILL GIVE YOU MORE"

And a two bit computer programer making maybe 50k like Dano, and his mirror image in the South, Dicksie, will vote for this.

This is amazing. This is just absolutely amazing. Obama just lost my vote. Fuck this shit.

"Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he probably would have to delay the spending programs he has called for during his campaign in light of the massive government bailout being proposed for the nation's financial industry.

The Bush administration and Congress on Tuesday were discussing the details of a $700 billion financial rescue plan. Obama said the problem should be dealt with as a short-term crisis with bipartisan action and then as a long-term structural issue.

"Although we are potentially providing $700 billion in available money to the Treasury, we don't anticipate that all that money gets spent right away and we don't anticipate that all that money is lost. How we're going to structure that in budget terms still has to be decided," Obama told NBC's "Today" show in an interview aired Tuesday.

"Does that mean I can do everything that I've called for in this campaign right away? Probably not," he said. "I think we're going to have to phase it in."

The Illinois senator has proposed ambitious and expensive initiatives aimed at health care, education, infrastructure, alternative energy and other concerns. He didn't say what proposals might be delayed first, adding that tax revenues would play a role in any budget decisions.

Obama made no reference to the rescue plan's impact on his call for tax cuts for most taxpayers and tax increases for wealthier Americans. On Friday, he said a bailout would not bar him from pushing for middle-class tax cuts, a central proposal in his campaign.

In a speech Monday, Obama urged Democrats to be as fiscally tough as conservative Republicans and said that the bailout was forcing a new perspective on the federal budget.

Obama said in the interview aired Tuesday that his running mate, Joe Biden, should have waited before commenting on the idea of bailing out the huge insurer American International Group Inc. Biden initially rejected bailing out AIG, a position taken by Republican presidential candidate John McCain that drew Obama's criticism.

When AIG's financial meltdown first drew questions of possible government intervention, McCain said taxpayers shouldn't be "on the hook" for AIG or any other corporation. Biden also said that the government shouldn't bail out AIG. For his part, Obama at the time didn't take a position on the idea of a buyout.

"I think that in that situation, I think Joe should have waited as well," Obama told NBC. Both Obama and McCain have since said the government's plan to lend AIG $85 billion was regrettable but necessary.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/20...y_to_delay.php
    Aw that's not much credit Darla, give me 6 more bits and maybe I'll byte and answer your rant.

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I don't know; I'm not reading that the same way you are. I don't see it as a "surrender." He's not nixing any programs that he has proposed outright. He's just sounding some caution, which probably isn't a bad tone to take, given the circumstances.

I do agree that it was probably the strategy of the Bush admin to bankrupt the gov't.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think its prudent that hes flexible about increasing spending.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I don't know; I'm not reading that the same way you are. I don't see it as a "surrender." He's not nixing any programs that he has proposed outright. He's just sounding some caution, which probably isn't a bad tone to take, given the circumstances.

I do agree that it was probably the strategy of the Bush admin to bankrupt the gov't.
    Well, he’s letting them do it Onceler. He’s supporting this crazy bailout, and now he’s saying he’s not going to go forward with his spending programs, this is exactly what they want. If I could have seen this coming six years ago, why couldn’t Obama who is smarter than I am by far, see this coming? This is insanity that we are sitting here watching unfold. When is someone going to stand up to this? How could they let these facists bankrupt the government? What is the point of voting for them?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Vote for Cindy... I've heard that it is a good protest vote.

(Of course this is the perfect time to turn the tables and talk about how you really will pull the lever for Obama, and go to your grave holding that fact in embarrassment...)
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok that was probably the first and last geeky joke I'll ever make. Darla why do you, like so many people frothingly agonize over who to vote for Prez? You are in New York, Obama could so much as stop in the state to piss on the Clinton's lawn and still win there by double digits.

Obama is just pretending to be fiscally Conservative by saying he MIGHT delay SOME parts of his spending plans, reread:

"The Illinois senator has proposed ambitious and expensive initiatives aimed at health care, education, infrastructure, alternative energy and other concerns. He didn't say what proposals might be delayed first, adding that tax revenues would play a role in any budget decisions."

Obama earned a perfect zero in his voting from the ACU last year, the only Senator to do so. His acting like a moderate contradicts his voting record. In a perfect world where people are only judged by their actions, Obama would be trounced in an election as the left wing voting extremist he is and not sounds.

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post

Yes it is very politically smart, Obama is a great politician (and I do not mean that as a compliment). McCain is only now just learning. Both are doing a lot of acting this election, because that's what people pay attention to, rather than voting records.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

It doesn't sound like he's going to nix it me. I initially thought that he was perhaps trying to stall in order to kill the deal later, but the fact that he's talking about nixing some of his programs to fund this worries me. We're going to be paying out of our noses for this plan. The dollar fell and oil spiked just on the news that it might go through.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's a trillion dollars with of inflation. It's bad money policy. It's emotive reactive bad legislation that wouldn't even be considered if this weren't an election year. It gives the government a "stake" directly in supposedly privately owned businesses.

It's just plain bad.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    It doesn't sound like he's going to nix it me. I initially thought that he was perhaps trying to stall in order to kill the deal later, but the fact that he's talking about nixing some of his programs to fund this worries me. We're going to be paying out of our noses for this plan. The dollar fell and oil spiked just on the news that it might go through.
    Yeah, what’s the best? A lot, and I mean, a lot of Republicans are going to vote against this. And then they are going to run against the democrats for passing it. Watch. The democrats through pure cowardice, are going to fuck themselves anyway…AGAIN.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In fact, don’t count on McCain voting for it in the end. They've bankrupted the government and have now figured out a way to leave the dems holding the bag.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Well, he’s letting them do it Onceler. He’s supporting this crazy bailout, and now he’s saying he’s not going to go forward with his spending programs, this is exactly what they want. If I could have seen this coming six years ago, why couldn’t Obama who is smarter than I am by far, see this coming? This is insanity that we are sitting here watching unfold. When is someone going to stand up to this? How could they let these facists bankrupt the government? What is the point of voting for them?
    because the teleprompter didn't tell him it was coming... so how was he supposed to know?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It's a trillion dollars with of inflation. It's bad money policy. It's emotive reactive bad legislation that wouldn't even be considered if this weren't an election year. It gives the government a "stake" directly in supposedly privately owned businesses.

It's just plain bad.
    In the words of Damocles, THIS.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    because the teleprompter didn't tell him it was coming... so how was he supposed to know?

This from the guy who is voting for the facist who gave us this, and is continuing to say “"MY FRIENDS, BILILONAIRES WILL STILL BE GETTING TAX CUTS. MY FRIENDS THE REGULAR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS BAILOUT. MY FRIENDS, YOU WON'T PAY A DIME. MY FRIENDS, WE IN FACT, WILL GIVE YOU MORE"

At least you’ve got yourself a bigger piece of the pie that those idiots dano and Dixie. I can understand you’re willing to spout any bullshit to make sure they let you hang onto it.

But don’t ever think you’re going to swindle me SF. Swindle Dano and Dixie. They’re lining up begging for it.