Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX ALERT!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Default FOX ALERT!

They are telling us that Bill Clinton is going to speak. What the eff is up with calling it an alert and putting it in a red background. Is that so all their viewers can turn the channel to reruns of Hee Haw?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting. I just heard on NPR they were saying it was weird that the DNC hadn't scheduled bill for prime time, and they speculated that he may force himself into the prime time slot.

Looks like he just did.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

It keeps us watching because many people want to hear what he has to say.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It keeps us watching because many people want to hear what he has to say.
    And then later they can tell us how wrong he is because he got a blow job in the oval office.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    And then later they can tell us how wrong he is because he got a blow job in the oval office.
    I doubt that. But you are the one watching so why don't you tell us about it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

**** ALERT *****

Bill Clinton is on the TeeVee.... Right now. And he's honored to be there.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bill is doing a very good job. And it seems like he specifically got his talking points from the list of what was "missing" from Hillary's speech.

He is ready, etc...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Bill is doing a very good job. And it seems like he specifically got his talking points from the list of what was "missing" from Hillary's speech.

He is ready, etc...
    I agree. I like how he said "Last night Hillary told us in no uncertain terms...".

Clears up any lingering doubt from people like you who apparently see eye rolling everywhere.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
    I agree. I like how he said "Last night Hillary told us in no uncertain terms...".

Clears up any lingering doubt from people like you who apparently see eye rolling everywhere.
    Yeah, clears up all my doubts.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Chill out. I'm just ragging you.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
    Chill out. I'm just ragging you.
    Yeah, I know. It's why I edited it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'd say he did a good job building a framework for arguments, probably the best case for Obama from this convention to date.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damn I normally think of Kerry as a wooden plank, but he is really kicking some ass in this speech.

-Oscar Wilde

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

What I want to know is what are you guys doing watching Fox news? I'm watching CNBC.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Watch C-SPAN. The network and cable news commentators and horrendous.

I also don't understand why they all go to the conventions just to speak over the convention speakers. Couldn't they do that from the studio? And shouldn't they be listening to the speeches so that they can cover the convention, not just a handful of speakers?