Thread: Sanctuary City (Los Angeles) At It Again

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Sanctuary City (Los Angeles) At It Again

LOS ANGELES -- Big-box, home-improvement stores in Los Angeles will have to set aside space for day laborers (ILLEGALS) under an ordinance passed by the City Council on Wednesday.

When the ordinance takes effect -- the mayor has to sign it, and most city laws take effect 30 days afterward -- it will apply to stores such as The Home Depot that have 100,000 square feet or more, or any structure where 250,000 square feet or more of warehouse floor area is added.

The shelters must be easily accessible and include drinking water, bathrooms, tables, seating and trashcans.
    The stores may be required to work with Los Angeles police in developing a security plan, according to the unanimous vote by the 15-member lawmaking body.

People who live near Home Depot stores have complained of day laborers drinking beer, urinating in yards or other unseemly behavior.

The National Day Laborer Organizing Network, a nonprofit group started in Northridge in 2001, supports the new requirements.

"It provides for safe and dignified hiring locations where contingent workers (ILLEGALS) can defend their basic rights. It carefully balances the interests of business, residents, day laborers and their employers," said the group's executive director, Pablo Alvarado.

Could we pander anymore to the illegals in California. I am surprised the council did not require them to furnish refrigerators filled with beer. Of course the customer will be hit in the pocket for this.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's insane.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

ZOMG FOREGINERS?!
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The shelters must be easily accessible and include drinking water, bathrooms, tables, seating and trashcans.

DRINKING WATER?! What a ridiculous luxury!
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not big on the sanctuary city thing, but their existence doesn't ruin my day like it apparently does for webbway.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

6. #6 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
    I'm not big on the sanctuary city thing, but their existence doesn't ruin my day like it apparently does for webbway.
    I don't know if Webbway is angry about the illegal immigrants or the flagrant abuse of power by the city of Los Angeles.

No, water, shelter, tables ect are not luxuries. But the expense of providing and maintaining them is not to be sneezed at either.

I think the city has no business forcing a company to provide these services for free.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post

DRINKING WATER?! What a ridiculous luxury!
    You fucking retard. It's a business that doesn't ask for illegals to congregate out front. It makes no profit from said activities. Yet fucking idiots like you think they are entitled to refreshments while breaking the law? God damn you're an idiot

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post

It ruined my business in Connecticut when illegals were allowed congregate in Danbury ( right in the center of the town mind you...main street even!!). I operated a floor business for 20 years. The prices customers would pay qickly went down in all the trades because illegal operators (cash only... pay no taxes and have no insurance) had a steady supply of cheap labor.

So there are people who this affects. It really should be simple to understand that allowing illegal labor to undercut legal labor affects people, but I guess you don't look around much.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well the solution's simple. Legalize their labor.

10. #10 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

The answer is to ignore our borders and allow anyone who wants to stroll into the USA?

500,000 a year come into this country. If 0.1% are dangerous criminals, then we have 500 additional dangerous criminals PER YEAR walking the streets. There has GOT to be some control over who enters the country.

Work Visas are great. But most of those with work visas have actual jobs.

And if the city wants day laborers to have a place, why doesn't the CITY create a place and foot the bill?

No, they FORCE businesses to do so.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You surely are a product of public education. Do you realize there is a way for immigrants to get here legally. So your solution already exists.

If you're asking to legalize being an illegal immigrant, you must not realize how stupid that sounds.

So whatever your point is, it's ridiculous. Way to keep up the good work, moron

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

where's the waterdork? We need another retarded statement to make fun of

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    The answer is to ignore our borders and allow anyone who wants to stroll into the USA?

500,000 a year come into this country. If 0.1% are dangerous criminals, then we have 500 additional dangerous criminals PER YEAR walking the streets. There has GOT to be some control over who enters the country.

Work Visas are great. But most of those with work visas have actual jobs.

And if the city wants day laborers to have a place, why doesn't the CITY create a place and foot the bill?

No, they FORCE businesses to do so.
    Well if they were legal, clearly you could just go and check their record.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    If you're asking to legalize being an illegal immigrant, you must not realize how stupid that sounds.
    Whatever has become so difficult about our system that people need to resort to illegal means to go and find a job, needs to be done away with.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Whatever has become so difficult about our system that people need to resort to illegal means to go and find a job, needs to be done away with.
    So if people from poor countries want to sneak in here it's OUR fault for having laws to prevent them?

God help us if the future generations are even half as stupid as you are.

Watermark, you look like a fucking moron. No suprise to those of us who've seen your stupidity before.