Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Clarification On Some of the Questions Surrounding the Foley Fiasco

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Some Clarification On Some of the Questions Surrounding the Foley Fiasco

Apprently the age limit is 16 as I said for the Pages as I said. As this article clearly shows. The link for all of this will be at the bottom of the page.

"Similar to interns, pages are 11th-grade pupils from across the country who spend a year in Washington working for House members training for possible political careers later. The pages must be at least 16 years old."

There was quite a discussion yesterday regarding whose responsibility it was and who leaked what to whom when. Much of this curiosity was clothed in the language of "the whole truth" and making sure that everyone involved with the cover-up was held responsible. Looks to me like the person who was so concerned about "the whole truth" better get on the phone to Roger Ailes because FOXSPEWS, in another ill-concieved attempt to make sure that what "we report" doesn't lead to the wrong decision when "you decide" had the story and sat on it. So go after FOXSPEWS, now go, call Ailes now and tell him you are swearing out a complaint for his covering this up. And then get on the phone to your local authority and tell them to get something going in New York on this...Go ON!!!

Here's the pertinent quote:

"Meanwhile, Florida newspapers — who were leaked copies of the e-mail with the Louisiana boy last year — defended their decision not to run stories. Both The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald were given copies of the e-mail, as were other news organizations, including Fox News.

"Our decision at the time was ... that because the language was not sexually explicit and was subject to interpretation, from innocuous to 'sick,' as the page characterized it, to be cautious," said Tom Fiedler, executive editor of the Herald. "Given the potentially devastating impact that a false suggestion of pedophilia could have on anyone, not to mention a congressman known to be gay, and lacking any corroborating information, we chose not to do a story."

Hastert called on any person who was aware of the 2003 instant messages to speak to law enforcement authorities. He said no Republican leader in Congress was aware of those exchanges until Friday, when ABC News reported it had questioned Foley about them."

Can You Imagine what FOXSPEWS would be saying if the perpetrator was a Democrat and this had been released to CBS and they had sat on it????

Full Story: Read It and Weep!
    Last edited by Prakosh; 10-03-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: I forgot the kicker in the last line.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

Foxnews was too busy last night reporting on John Murtha's involvement in ABSCAM 29 years ago!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

sptimes is a liberal paper unless the were sold in the last few years. Was independent and not one of the big nooze companies.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

They said "Including" but clearly didn't give a full list of those agencies that received this information. It sounds like cherry-picking....
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At least the Herald admits to getting the information and doing nothing with it as well...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    At least the Herald admits to getting the information and doing nothing with it as well...
    So I guess the charges by some that there is something highly suspicious that this didn't come out until just before the election are just plain hogwash aren't they??? Both a liberal publication (the International Herald Tribune is owned and operated by The New York Times) and of course no one would argue for a minute that FOXSPEWS is anything but conservative so looks like there is plenty of incontinence on this to go around.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prakosh, it might be saying that even Faux news is turning on the republicans. I believe the top rated news show lately has been NBC evening news....'
    The rats bailing out of a sinking ship. After all they should know a lot more about what is REALLY going on than we do.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prakosh View Post
    So I guess the charges by some that there is something highly suspicious that this didn't come out until just before the election are just plain hogwash aren't they??? Both a liberal publication (the International Herald Tribune is owned and operated by The New York Times) and of course no one would argue for a minute that FOXSPEWS is anything but conservative so looks like there is plenty of incontinence on this to go around.
    LOL. If I were a liberal rag, I'd hold it as long as possible to release it just before the election...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    LOL. If I were a liberal rag, I'd hold it as long as possible to release it just before the election...
    And why didn't FOXSPEWS release it; after all what better way to prove: "We report; you decide" than by giving the listeners and viewers something to really decide about???????

Couldn't the same doubts that troubled FOX have troubled others as well????

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And why didn't FOXSPEWS release it; after all what better way to prove: "We report; you decide" than by giving the listeners and viewers something to really decide about???????

Couldn't the same doubts that troubled FOX have troubled others as well????
    Don't know. Maybe Hastert, in his "brilliant" manuever of attempted coverup asked them not to? Or maybe they wanted to be sure of the story? Maybe the boys weren't blonde or female enough?

But the idea that the lefty paper not reporting it is evidence of their complicity is laughable!
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    TRGLDTE Guest

Apprently the age limit is 16 as I said for the Pages as I said. As this article clearly shows. The link for all of this will be at the bottom of the page.

"Similar to interns, pages are 11th-grade pupils from across the country who spend a year in Washington working for House members training for possible political careers later. The pages must be at least 16 years old."

There was quite a discussion yesterday regarding whose responsibility it was and who leaked what to whom when. Much of this curiosity was clothed in the language of "the whole truth" and making sure that everyone involved with the cover-up was held responsible. Looks to me like the person who was so concerned about "the whole truth" better get on the phone to Roger Ailes because FOXSPEWS, in another ill-concieved attempt to make sure that what "we report" doesn't lead to the wrong decision when "you decide" had the story and sat on it. So go after FOXSPEWS, now go, call Ailes now and tell him you are swearing out a complaint for his covering this up. And then get on the phone to your local authority and tell them to get something going in New York on this...Go ON!!!

Here's the pertinent quote:

"Meanwhile, Florida newspapers — who were leaked copies of the e-mail with the Louisiana boy last year — defended their decision not to run stories. Both The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald were given copies of the e-mail, as were other news organizations, including Fox News.

"Our decision at the time was ... that because the language was not sexually explicit and was subject to interpretation, from innocuous to 'sick,' as the page characterized it, to be cautious," said Tom Fiedler, executive editor of the Herald. "Given the potentially devastating impact that a false suggestion of pedophilia could have on anyone, not to mention a congressman known to be gay, and lacking any corroborating information, we chose not to do a story."

Hastert called on any person who was aware of the 2003 instant messages to speak to law enforcement authorities. He said no Republican leader in Congress was aware of those exchanges until Friday, when ABC News reported it had questioned Foley about them."

Can You Imagine what FOXSPEWS would be saying if the perpetrator was a Democrat and this had been released to CBS and they had sat on it????

Full Story: Read It and Weep!
    Fine by me. Let's go check them out too. It's curious that you only hold Fox to task, though.

Actually, no, it's not curious. Really, it's a concise indication of the difference between us in this discussion. Unlike you who, in true partisan fashion, only calls certain parties to task, I don't want a limit.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Prakosh, it might be saying that even Faux news is turning on the republicans. I believe the top rated news show lately has been NBC evening news....'
    The rats bailing out of a sinking ship. After all they should know a lot more about what is REALLY going on than we do.
    FOXSPEWS never had the same audience that the Networks had. They are in a different system. The Networks, that is ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX are in competiton. But that isn't the FOXSPEWS that is on the Cable. That station is in competition with CNN, Headline News, MSNBC, and CNBC. And FOXSPEWS still leads this race in over all viewers but they are losing more and more viewers and MSNBC is really cutting in to FOXs younger and most important demographic. The average age of the FOX audience is something like 70 years old. I'm just kidding I don't remember but it is over 50.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Many oldsters I know really like OLiely.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Many oldsters I know really like OLiely.
    LOL

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like my soon to be Ex FIL. Votes for bush loves FOX and lives off the govt ???
    Not a church goer either. Go figure.