Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father Michael Pfleger mocks "entitled" and "white" Hillary at Trinity United Church.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Father Michael Pfleger mocks "entitled" and "white" Hillary at Trinity United Church.

WASHINGTON--Hat tip to Politico's Ben Smith for the video. Last Sunday night, Chicago's Father Michael Pfleger ended his sermon at Trinity United Church of Christ--the Obama family church--home pulpit for years for the Rev. Jeremiah Wright-- saying, "sorry....don't want to get you into any more trouble."

video at site.
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008...l_pflager.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Looks like the mental midgets of the left that rant and rave on JP don't wanna touch this one....this fuckin' "church" must be filled with lunatics that think they're at the Apollo instead of a house of worship to their God....
    This Pfleger scumbag could do the warmup show before Wright comes to the podium...
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Looks like the mental midgets of the left that rant and rave on JP don't wanna touch this one....this fuckin' "church" must be filled with lunatics that think they're at the Apollo instead of a house of worship to their God....
    This Pfleger scumbag could do the warmup show before Wright comes to the podium...
    Oh, that's right. You republicans only believe in Jewish racial identity being preached from the pulpit.

"A land without people for a people without a land". lmfao.

This only rings true to zionists because they consider non-jews to be animals.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Oh, that's right. You republicans only believe in Jewish racial identity being preached from the pulpit.

"A land without people for a people without a land". lmfao.

This only rings true to zionists because they consider non-jews to be animals.
    ?????????????
    I guess if I was an anti-Semite I might understand that rant....

"Jewish racial identity being preached from the pulpit. " ??

WTF does that mean....?
    I don't attend Church very much, but in 60 years I never heard anything about "jewish racial identity" in my church...or any church I attended...
    Maybe you mean synagogue or something
    Or maybe you're just demented to some degree....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey I saw that vidoe clip today. The guy is white and he was funny !

I guess preachers are not allowed to do comedy routines. Kinda like they work for the FBI or something. No humor allowed.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    If you take note, the left had a very good discussion on this issue.... just on another thread.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    If you take note, the left had a very good discussion on this issue.... just on another thread.
    It was certainly very impassioned. I think that's what political boards are for, though they rarely reach it. I mean it's not like you and Damo are going to get into some deep, intellectual or passionate, debate that everyone wants to follow. hahahahahahaha.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I saw him on the news. Damn, what a priest! Could he kick arse or what? Not like the miliquetoasts of my childhood. Kick arse Father P! Here's to him!
    Last edited by Diuretic; 05-31-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling error - I was pissed
    Dumbarse and learning to live with it.

How about you?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Hey I saw that vidoe clip today. The guy is white and he was funny !

I guess preachers are not allowed to do comedy routines. Kinda like they work for the FBI or something. No humor allowed.
    I cant help it but every time I watch it I crack up.

The guy is funny as hell.

I think alot of people are not used to what Black churches have always had going for them. Intertainment. Think about the sweet choirs with the great voices signing the gospel to breing the house down. The preacher will get you rocking and rolling in your seat and he is like a cross between your favorite professor at college and a stand up comedian.

This is the key people its a cultural thing. Its not much different than the fire and brinstone of some churches or the crazy drawn out rituals of the chatholic church. Now line them up and deside which one you would rather spend sunday moring in? I know where I would go.

Talking about hillary feeling entitiled to the job is pretty much preaching to the choir folks. This is the feelings of most black voters and my whole household of middle class white folk. She wanted it so bad and planned so hard for it she got a little lost in feeling she owned it. She a capable bright woman would have had no problem handling the job. There are just some of us American who think she is just not the right person for the moment. Unfortunately for her it kinda means she will likely never be president. Not even the most qualified are promised a trun at this job. Sorry hillary for your disapointment but its not going to happen. She needs to make a marvelous speach about the real first woman president in our NEAR future. We dont even know that womans name yet or anything about her but right now that woman is doing the work to recieve the trust of the American people so that when she runs we will know her by her deeds and see that she is indeed the right person at the right time.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So churches shouldn't include any of that boring talk about God, his relationship with mankind, or eternity, eh?

How much more entertaining - while validating your racist stereotypes - to watch a lily-white caricature of a Black preacher lay on a modern-day minstrel show that has all the earmarks of a blackface routine.

I wonder what an imam would make of your "spirituality".

If Obama is elected, you might find out.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

What is it with the conservative representation on this board? It seems cartoonish in its stupidity with the influx of new posters over the past month or so.

I swear, they make Dano look like William F. Buckley...

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ad hominem again?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indisputable View Post
    Ad hominem again?
    Just an observation.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And not a very astute one.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indisputable View Post
    So churches shouldn't include any of that boring talk about God, his relationship with mankind, or eternity, eh?

How much more entertaining - while validating your racist stereotypes - to watch a lily-white caricature of a Black preacher lay on a modern-day minstrel show that has all the earmarks of a blackface routine.

I wonder what an imam would make of your "spirituality".

If Obama is elected, you might find out.

Well listen to his full seron and maybe you will hear what you are askign about?

When you just reloop a 20 second video over and over and over you only get to hear that 20 seconds huh?

Rev Wright preached for 30 years and probably said alot of really good stuff but his entire carreer was reduced to a couple of 20 second clips and you think that gives you the keys to every thought in the mans head right?

People like you are just going to be sidelined for the next thirty years. Its now going to be the others side turn to see if we can get something good done. I plan to keep on their butts and make them stay honest. I really wish you would have done that when your team was in office. I guess you dont really care about fair and unbiased behavior you just want to divide this country and like it when we have people in office who dont want to govern but just hamper governments functions.